Tuesday, August 29, 2006
This afternoon Rai and me went down to Seoul Garden at CWP. The sign outside specifically said it wanted part-timers.
So we headed down to the cashier podium or whatever and told the guy "Hi, we're here to apply for the job,".
"Table for 2?" he replied.
In my mind I was like huh?
He showed me the menu. (as if I originated from the ruins of Atlantis and am clueless as of how to be seated in a restaurant)
Someone superior was standing there. Obviously not the usual workers. She looked abit nyonya-ish; but nevertheless; you can't judge the level of one's superiority in that kind of situation by how they look physically. And so I thought she could clearly see we were not here to eat; but NOOOOO,
"Aahh. Come, come here," gesturing to a sign on the podium.
"Which soup you want?"
OMG! Bloody frustrating la. I want a bloody job you moron. Not to eat! (and for the last time; I KNOW how it goes in Seoul Garden! I bloody know how to choose my bloody soup, dammit.) And so, for the 1237894545th time, I told her that we were there to apply for a job. (She looked just as morbidly dumb as the male cashier, mind you.)
"OH.. JOB AH? OHH. HERE FULL AH. SORRY. YOU GO ANGMOKIO OR BUGIS THERE. HERE NO MORE. FULL."
A million cuss words ran thru my mind. I wanted to grill her together with that sotong cashier guy. I swear. Super Sotongs.
And please remind me that I'm so screwed for the exams. I hate staring incidents with the questions. That's the situation when I feel just as dumb as the Sotongs I met today. =(
And I think my TMS friends will laugh at me if I tell them I feel super uncomfortably malu to go back to TMS. My confidence just dips to a -99999. As though I'm meeting them for the first time. That kind of omg-i-can't-believe-i'm-doing-this kinda feeling. Butterflies in my stomach. Nervous. And as if they'd believe me if I say this. Damn it how things can change over a few months. I can see it in myself now. Bleargh.
X O X O; 8:25 pm